Build 150 Grant Guidelines
The Build 150 grant application will be available online December 15th, 2019.
All grant submissions must be received by 4:00 p.m. January 15th, 2020.
Through Build 150, Manitoba’s community foundations are celebrating our Province’s 150th anniversary by leaving a legacy with bricks and mortar projects!
Manitoba 150, with $50,000 support from The Richardson Foundation, Brandon Area Community Foundation (BACF) will be able to provide matching grants to community projects that will celebrate our Province’s 150th anniversary in 2020. This matching grant program will be coordinated by Endow Manitoba. Build 150 will match monies contributed by the BACF at a 1:1 ratio.
Build 150 Grant Guidelines
Build 150 grants are to be used on one or more projects in our community. Special consideration should be made for projects that will have a lasting presence in the community and will have an impact on the largest number of residents and projects selected should be as inclusive as possible.
- Must have other funding partners financially committed to the project;
- Demonstrate responsible financial and legal accountability;
- Be timely;
- Be realistic and within the capacity of the organization to carry out the project;
- Respect for cultural diversity.
Some examples of projects that could be eligible for a Build 150 grant include:
- Amenities for a public space (park bench, bike racks, public art, etc.)
- Equipment for a community space (community centre, )
- Revitalization of something with historical significance (statue, building, )
The funded project must be carried out by a Canadian “qualified donee”. Examples include: Registered charities;
- Rural municipality, city and/or town;
- Church or religious institution (so long as they are a registered charity and the project broadly benefits the community not just the congregation and is not for religious purposes);
- A registered Canadian amateur athletic
- Projects must be completed by December 31, 2020 to be eligible for funding;
- Final reporting must be submitted to BACF by January 15, 2021
- Public recognition is to be given to the Manitoba 150 Host Committee and BACF for funding of the project(s), including, but not limited to:
- Signage at the site of the project, where possible;
- One official local public announcement of selected project(s) in the community foundation’s area of operation;
- Mention in any and all other public communications (e.g. advertisement, media, social media posts).
- Recognition, including size, placement and content of any signage, is to be determined in consultation with BACF and Endow Manitoba and is subject to prior approval of Manitoba 150 Host Committee.
Endow Manitoba requires BACF to submit the following reports:
- A summary of selected projects;
- A final report following completion of the project(s) in the form provided by Endow Manitoba – including documentation of the costs incurred by the project.
“Please save your Build 150 grant application before submitting”!
Click here to view and submit the Build 150 Grant Application