You have lots of flexibility in creating your gift. You can:
- Make an outright gift of cash, securities or property
- Provide for a bequest in your will
- Take out (or transfer) a gift of life insurance
- Set up a planned gift such as a charitable remainder trust
- Transfer an existing fund, charitable trust or endowment
- Name the Community Foundation as your designated charity through the United Way’s Donor Choice Program
Establishing a Fund
When you decide to establish your own fund or support one of the Foundation’s existing funds, you will join with people from all walks of life with one thing in common: the desire to make a difference in your community — forever.
Your gift will give year after year because your donation is invested as a permanent endowment fund and is managed professionally by a knowledgeable team of community leaders, staff and investment advisors.
It is simple to set up a fund. There are many ways to do it, often with significant tax benefits for you. We will work with you and your lawyer, accountant, life insurance agent or financial planner to find the approach that works best.