Brandon Area Community Foundation
The Brandon Area Community Foundation (BACF) is fortunate to have generous donors over the decades who have established funds with the Foundation. Some of these funds are secured to support annual grants, approved by the Foundation, to address significant community needs identified by non-profit groups. The grants are intended to improve the overall quality of life for everyone in our community. Applications are received annually and reviewed by a Grants Committee with final approval of successful applications made by BACF Board of Directors.
In order to maximize the impact and effectiveness of our resources, BACF encourages organizations to submit innovative, well planned and managed projects. Each grant application will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Use current 2018 Community Grant Application (Options of application listed in the “Process” section below.)
- Must have other funding Partners financially committed to the project. (BACF can not be the only financial source of funding.)
- build on the strengths of the community to respond to identified issues and priorities;
- demonstrate responsible financial and legal accountability;
- be undertaken by organizations that are well governed and managed;
- be timely;
- be realistic and within the capacity of the organization to carry out;
- not duplicate existing services or, if so, demonstrate that the overlap is warranted;
- demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for cultural diversity;
- provide evidence of collaboration/funding sources with other community agencies;
- demonstrate a reasonable probability of ongoing support from other funding sources in the future, or clearly indicate that the project is intended to continue for only a limited time span.
- Charitable organizations must be registered with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) or be sponsored by a charitable organization.
- Grants are only made to organizations that can issue CCRA Official Tax Receipts.
- Groups or organizations that are sponsored by a charitable organization must have a formal, written agency agreement with that charitable organization, which must conform to CCRA requirements and be acceptable in both content and form to The BRANDON AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
- Projects must be located in, or be of direct benefit to the citizens of Brandon and the surrounding communities of Western Manitoba.
THE BRANDON AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION will NOT fund:
- Fundraising events
- Retroactive expenses
- Debt retirement
- Replacement of public sector funds
- Conference registration fees and memberships
- Direct religious activities
- Political organizations
- Each applicant must complete and submit the Grant Application form, and provide all required information listed on the form to BACF on or before September 28th. Failure to provide all requested information may result in the application being rejected.
- Organizations that have previously received funding from BACF and that have not completed the formal reporting requirements will not be considered for funding. All grant approvals will be made by October 31st; all grants will be awarded by December 15th.
- All applications are considered by BACF based upon their merit in relation to the grant criteria and available funds. BACF will review all qualified applications received, conduct interviews of representatives of the applicant, if necessary, consider such other information as the members may consider reasonable, and may set terms and conditions on any grants awarded.
- To access our application form there are three options:
- Option 1. Download and complete fillable .pdf form. 2018 Fillable BACF Community Grant Application
Email form and required attachment to email@example.com
- Option 2. Print Word document form and complete manually. 2018 BACF Community Grant Application
Email form and required attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Option 3. Request a form – call our office (204)-571-0529
Disclaimer: BACF is not responsible for electronic applications not received.
In order to enhance the benefit of the grant to the recipient organization and other community groups, BACF expects grant recipients to:
- Evaluate their projects;
- Submit a Progress Report of your project to BACF by April 30th of the following year; a Final Report upon completion of your project with a deadline of August 31st of the following year (i.e. prior to the next granting period);
Final Report should contain the following elements:
- Final financial reports,
- Media-ready story and photographs demonstrating the project impact,
- Public recognition of BACF support to the project
Failure to comply with the reporting requirements will result in your organization’s future consideration for BACF funding.
Click here to see who we funded in 2017.