Grant Polices + Guidelines
In order to maximize the impact and effectiveness of our resources, BACF encourages organizations to submit innovative, well planned and managed projects. Each grant application will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Must have other funding Partners financially committed to the project. (BACF can not be the only financial source of funding.)
- Must provide two (2) contractor/supplier quotes if applicable;
- Build on the strengths of the community to respond to identified issues and priorities;
- Demonstrate responsible financial and legal accountability;
- Organizations must be well governed and managed;
- Be timely;
- Be realistic and within the capacity of the organization to carry out;
- Not duplicate existing services or, if so, demonstrate that the overlap is warranted;
- Demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for cultural diversity;
- Provide evidence of collaboration/funding sources with other community agencies;
- Demonstrate a reasonable probability of ongoing support from other funding sources in the future, or clearly indicate that the project is intended to continue for only a limited time span.
Eligibility & Formal Requirement
BACF will only receive applications from qualified grantees defined by the CRA.
Qualified grantees are as follows:
- a registered charity (must be able to issue official tax receipt for donations)
- a registered Canadian amateur athletic association
- a registered national arts service organization
- a registered Canadian municipality
- a registered housing corporation resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low cost housing for the elderly
- a registered Canadian municipality
- a registered municipal or public body performing a function of government in Canada
- projects must be located in, or be of direct benefit to the citizens of Brandon and the surrounding communities of southwestern Manitoba.
Brandon Area Community Foundation will not fund:
- Fundraising events
- Retroactive funding, or for any project expenses to be incurred prior to the Community Foundation’s decision date
- Debt retirement
- Replacement of public sector funds
- Conference operational expenses, registration fees and memberships
- Direct religious activities
- Political organizations
- Each applicant must complete and provide all required information listed on the form to BACF. Failure to provide all requested information may result in the application being rejected.
- Organizations that have previously received funding from BACF and that have not completed the formal reporting requirements will not be considered for funding.
- All grant approvals will be made by October 31st; all grants will be awarded by December 15th.
- All applications are considered by BACF based upon their merit in relation to the grant criteria and available funds. BACF will review all qualified applications received, conduct interviews of representatives of the applicant, if necessary, consider such other information as the members may consider reasonable, and may set terms and conditions on any grants awarded.
Disclaimer: BACF is not responsible for electronic applications not received.
In order to enhance the benefit of the grant to the recipient, BACF expects grant recipients to:
- Evaluate their projects;
- Submit a Progress Report of your project to BACF by April 30th of the following year; a Final Report upon completion of your project with a deadline of August 31st of the following year (i.e. prior to the next granting period).
Final Report should contain the following elements:
- Final financial reports;
- photographs demonstrating the project;
- Public recognition of BACF support to the project;
- detailed description of completed project;
- paid receipts if applicable.
Failure to comply with the reporting requirements will result in your organization’s future consideration for BACF funding.