Brandon Area Community Foundation (BACF) is excited to announce our first-year recipients of the newly created BACF/United Way of Brandon Youth in Philanthropy Scholarship!
Amna Faroog will be attending Brandon University to earn a Bachelor of Science degree. Amna’s vision is to pursue a career as a surgeon helping people in less fortunate countries such as Africa, India and Pakistan.
Natalie Williamson will be attending the University of Regina where she will be pursuing police studies and playing for the UR Cougars hockey team.
Emma Wray will be attending Brandon University to study pre nursing. Emma’s vision is to become a nurse and volunteer in a third world country helping people.
Through their hard work and determination these three deserving recipients have proven to be students that BACF and the United Way of Brandon want to recognize and encourage to continue their educational and philanthropy efforts.
The YIP Scholarship Endowment Fund was established in 2020 by the following contributors:
- United Way of Brandon Donor
- Diane and Gord Peters
- Tri-High Alumni Fund
- Anonymous donors
This scholarship is to provide assistance to graduating Grade 12 students with acceptable academic standing, who demonstrate positive character traits, are active in school and community activities and have been accepted into a recognized post-secondary education.
The four participating high schools are:
- Crocus Plains Regional Secondary School – Brandon, MB
- École secondaire Neelin High School – Brandon, MB
- Elton Collegiate – Forrest, MB
- Vincent Massey High School – Brandon, MB
The applicant qualifications:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Graduating from one of the four participating high schools;
- Have participated in their school’s YIP program for a minimum three (3) years;
- Entering first year of full-time studies. Been accepted into a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Proven academic capabilities with an average of 70% or higher in all subjects in the current school year;
- A 75-100 word essay to be provided with the following information:
- demonstrating service to their community through volunteer activities
- involvement in community/school clubs or groups
- leadership experience
- future goals
- Letter from their YIP Teacher Advisor or Principal certifying the recipient’s program involvement, character and abilities.
To help grow this scholarship fund to be able to offer future additional scholarships, donate now.
* You will be redirected to CanadaHelps.org to process your donation.